Jiro Tsuchime Tagayasan | 180mm Nakiri Knife (YO)
Crafted completely by hand by Jiro Nakagawa of Nagano Japan is one of the most outstanding new knives in production.
- Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
- 180mm Nakiri Knife - YO
- Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Tagayasan Japanese Handle
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
- Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
- Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
- Jiro San's Marking
- Individual Serial Number
- Date of Manufacturer
- Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
- Serial number
- Knife shape / profile
- Knife steel
- Handle shape
- Knife size
- Date of manufacture
* These Japanese knives are hand forged and hand crafted, slight variation to size and finish is expected. Each knife is a work of art. See specification of each knife on links when released.
* High carbon knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust, they will change colour (patina) in use.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur