Crafted completely by hand by Jiro Nakagawa of Nagano Japan is one of the most outstanding new knives in production.
Demand is very high for this rare knife, all (except this 1 petty) are currently sold but more are expected. Please contact us to join the pre-order list, prices are expected to rise once pre-orders are complete.
- Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife - Japanese
- Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Tagayasan Japanese Style Handle
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
- Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
- Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
- Jiro San's Marking
- Individual Serial Number
- Date of Manufacturer
- Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
- Serial number
- Knife shape / profile
- Knife steel
- Handle shape
- Knife size
- Date of manufacture
- 154mm Blade Edge Length | 290mm Overall Length | 3.3mm Blade Thickness | 40.0mm Heel Height | 123g
* These knives are hand forged and hand crafted, slight variation to size and finish is expected. Each knife is a work of art.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.