Jiro Tsuchime Tagayasan | 150mm Petty Knife (Japanese)
Crafted completely by hand by Jiro Nakagawa of Nagano Japan is one of the most outstanding new knives in production.
Demand is very high for this rare knife, please email us to be placed on the wait list.
- Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
- Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife - Japanese
- Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Tagayasan Japanese Style Handle
- Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
- Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
- Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
- Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
- Jiro San's Marking
- Individual Serial Number
- Date of Manufacturer
- Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
- Serial number
- Knife shape / profile
- Knife steel
- Handle shape
- Knife size
- Date of manufacture
- 156mm Blade Edge Length | 292mm Overall Length | 4.3mm Blade Thickness | 43mm Heel Height | 127g
* These knives are hand forged and hand crafted, slight variation to size and finish is expected. Each knife is a work of art.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur