Crafted in Fukui Japan, the STK series is an excellent combination of craftsmanship, materials and design. This variant possesses a high quality forged blade of VG10 with stainless Damascus cladding in a tsuchime finish.
These knives are thin behind the edge with a comfortable handle and nice balance, a quality mid range option which we are very much enjoying.
- Hitohira STK Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- VG10 Stainless Steel
- Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Morado Wood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 161mm Blade Edge Length / 303mm Overall Length / 1.8mm Blade Thickness / 50mm Blade Height / 158g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.