Crafted in Japan from Ginsan stainless steel, the Futana Migaki Santoku is a great knife, we're loving the clean and refined look. Good F&F, well balanced, with a comfortable handle and nice sharpness. Available in limited numbers, highly recommended.
- Hitohira Futana S3 Migaki Japanese Knife
- 165mm Santoku Knife
- Silver #3 (Ginsan) Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Wood Handle
- Ebony Wood Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 164mm Blade Edge Length / 312mm Overall Length / 46mm Height / 2.6mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.