Tsunesaburo Kanna (Woodworking Plane) | Aogami Super - 55mm
Tsunesaburo kanna (woodworking planes) are the most widely used plane in Japan. All models are well crafted and perform beautifully in use. The key difference between models lies in the steel used for the kanna blade:
1. Aogami #2 the entry level plane mainly used for soft wood. These kanna are the easiest to sharpen. 2. Aogami Super used for some hardwood but mainly soft. The steel is harder than Aogami #2 but slightly more difficult to re-sharpen. 3. HAP40 is the hardest of blade, intended for hardwood woodworking. These planes are also superior with softwood, but take the longest to re-sharpen.
- Tsunesaburo Aogami Super Kanna (Woodworking Plane)
- 55 mm Aogami Super Steel Blade
- Stronger than Aogami #2 but still easily sharpened
- 245 x 70 mm White Oak Timber Base
- Crafted in Japan
Japanese Woodworking Tools | Kanna (Planes)
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur