Something different to the normal Japanese chisel, these nomi are forged from a single, solid piece of steel (not laminated with soft steel like others normally are). The entire construction is a "Special Forged Steel" (SFS) that is formulated by Hitachi Metals Japan. This is the Hitachi version of HSS, similar in character but can hold a much sharper edge and is slightly stronger.
Tataki chisels are slightly larger than their Oire, bench chisel cousin. They are considered a "striking chisels" for use with most hammers. Crafted with red oak handles, these chisels are a higher finish grade, made for a life time of woodworking use.
- 3 (Three) Nomikatsu Tataki Nomi Premium Japanese Chisels
- Special Forged Steel (Stronger & Sharper than HSS)
- Solid Steel Construction - Not Laminated
- Hoops have been factory set
- Chisels Included:
- 24, 30 and 42 mm Chisels
- Red Oak Chisel Handles
- High Finish Level
- Timber Display/Storage Box
- HRC - 65-66
- Crafted in Japan