These Japanese chisels are forged from a single, solid piece of steel (not laminated with soft steel like most others). The entire construction is a "Special Forged Steel" (SFS) that is specially formulated by Hitachi Metals Japan. This is the Hitachi version of HSS, similar in character but can hold a much sharper edge and is slightly stronger.
Our best value chisels for those that want a higher finish level, these Nomi are crafted with red oak handles with the hoop already set. Supplied with timber display / storage box and factory sharpened. Please note the construction of these chisels often yields a small horizontal line in the cladding, this does not affect performance in any way.
- 3 (Three) Kanetomo Oire Nomi Premium Japanese Chisels
- Special Forged Steel (Stronger & Sharper than HSS)
- Solid Steel Construction - Not Laminated
- Hoops have been factory set
- Chisel Sizes Included:
- 15, 24 and 30 mm Chisels
- Red Oak Chisel Handles
- High Finish Level
- Timber Display / Storage Box
- HRC 64-65
- Crafted in Japan