Yoshimi Kato Damascus | 175 Santoku Knife (VG10) - Yo
From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his striking damascus knives are thin and light, extremely high performing and about as attractive as damascus steel can get.
- Yoshimi Kato Damascus Steel Knife
- 175mm Santoku Knife
- VG10 Nickel Damascus (Stainless)
- Echizen, Japan
- Pakka Yo (Western) Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 176mm Blade Edge Length / 301mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 144g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are very thin, although very high performing they require some care to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.