Shigefusa Kurouchi | 165mm Nakiri Knife (Vintage Carbon)
From the legendary Shigefusa Japan, this solid Nakiri knife will not last long.
- Shigefusa Japanese Chef Knife
- 165mm Kuro Nakiri Knife
- Sanjo-Niigata, Japan
- Vintage Swedish Carbon, Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Timber Handle, Ebony Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 160mm Blade Edge Length / 302mm Overall Length / 3.4mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Height / 193g
* Knife as pictured, just 1 is available.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) in use, they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.