Morihei Japanese Whetstone | Binsui Natural Stone Type 15
Natural whetstones have varying grit levels, it is said that this contrast causes minute variations to your sharpened edge which results in different wear rates and therefore longer edge retention. Whilst this may not be definitively proven, there is something special about sharpening knives or tools on a natural, mined stone. We highly recommend the experience.
These Binsui stones are generally quite hard in composition, raising lower levels of slurry, they would be estimated overall as a medium-high grit, circa 1,000-2,000.
- Morihei Natural Stone
- Binsui Mine
- Type 15
- Higher Grit, Circa 1,000-2,000
- Whetstone Size: 220 x 60 x 70mm (L x W x Th)
- Whetstone Weight: 2.2 - 2.4 kg
- Natural Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Mined in Japan
Japanese Sharpening Stones (Whetstones)
* These stones are natural products mined from the earth. Variation to colour is expected. Each stone may have varying chips, cracks or marks, this is normal for natural sharpening stones and does not affect performance.