Morihei Hisamoto Kurouchi | 240 Gyuto Knife (Shirogami) - Fine Finish
Hand-forged by famed Tokyo blacksmith, then hand sharpened on natural whetstones by the masters at Morihei. All the hard work is done on this knife, an exceptional piece.
- Morihei Hisamoto Kurouchi Japanese Knife
- 240mm Gyuto Knife - Fine Finish
- Shirogami (White #1) - High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Hand Sharpened - Fine Finish on Natural Whetstones
- Western Style (YO) Handle:
- Pakka Wood
- with Bolster
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- Edge Length: 240mm | Overall Length: 377mm | Blade Height: 52mm | Weight: 257g
- Blade Thickness: (A) 3.5 (B) 2.3 (C) 0.5
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made, small variations in size and appearance may occur, and measurements are a guide only.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, care is required to prevent surface rust.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur