Masamoto Sohonten Vintage | 195mm Honyaki Usuba Knife (NOS)
This vintage Masamoto Sohonten Honyaki knife is very special and exceedingly rare. Recently discovered (unused) in a knife suppliers warehouse in Japan, the engravings present make this at least 40 years of age, but most likely decades older. Many Japanese knife specialists have never seen the hand engravings present on this knife on any Masamoto knife.
As this knife is so old, there are signs of age, but it is in remarkably good condition considering. The blade has been re-finished but the handle does show age. There is only one available, the knife pictured is that which is for sale. A collectors item worthy of the most discerning of knife enthusiast.
- Masamoto Sohonten - NOS Vintage*
- Traditional Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 195mm Honyaki Usuba Knife
- Single Bevel - Right Hand
- Honyaki High-Carbon Steel - Unspecified
- Ho Wood Handle
- Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 348mm Total Length | 180mm Edge Length | 3.5mm Blade Thickness | 178 g Weight
* This knife is NOS Vintage, at least 40 years of age. Although it has never been used, signs of age are present. Pictures are indicative of condition and are of actual item, just 1 is available.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Usuba (Vegetable Knife)
Usuba knives have a flat profile which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. Chefs that cook with vegetables often really appreciate this style, quite specialised but it excels in this cooking arena.