These Japanese chisels are forged from a single, solid piece of steel (not laminated with soft steel like most others). The entire construction is a "Special Forged Steel" (SFS) that is specially formulated by Hitachi Metals Japan. This is the Hitachi version of HSS, similar in character but can hold a much sharper edge and is slightly stronger.
Our best value chisels for those that want a higher finish level, these Nomi are crafted with red oak handles with the hoop already set. Supplied with timber display / storage box and factory sharpened.
- 5 (Five) Kanetomo Oire Nomi Premium Japanese Chisels
- Special Forged Steel (Stronger & Sharper than HSS)
- Solid Steel Construction - Not Laminated
- Hoops have been factory set
- Chisels Included:
- 9, 15, 24, 30 and 36mm Chisels
- Red Oak Chisel Handles
- Timber Display / Storage Box
- Higher Finish Level
- HRC 64-65
- Crafted in Japan