The Hitohira Kuma range brings together our favourite materials, into a comfortable and classy knife. With an aogami (blue) high carbon steel core, giving superior sharpness, and stainless steel cladding, making it easy to maintain, this is a outstanding workhorse knife that also looks great.
- Hitohira Imojiya Kuma Japanese Chef Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #2
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Handle Type (Select Above):
- Pakka Handle w/ Bolster
- Pakka Handle No Bolster
- Crafted in Japan
- 165mm Blade Edge Length / 294mm Overall Length / 2mm Blade Thickness / 44mm Heel Height / 174g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel (found in the core / edge of this chef knife) will change colour (patina) over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.