Hand crafted in Sakai, Osaka by Gorobei blacksmith and sharpened by sharpener Rikichi, this is the new Kasumi line from Hitohira Japan. We have now shifted to a more cost effective carbon steel Kasumi in this line and a higher level stainless clad version from Togashi.
Rikichi sharpener trained famous Sakai Sharpener Kambei-san, the grind is lovely, thin behind the edge, very high performance for this price bracket.
- Hitohira Gorobei Rikichi Japanese Knife
- 210mm Kasumi Gyuto Knife
- Gorobei Blacksmith
- Rikichi Sharpener
- Shirogami (White) #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Octagonal Ho Wood Handle w/ Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 198mm Blade Edge Length / 349mm Overall Length / 2.0mm Blade Thickness / 49mm Height / 151g
* Non stainless steel kitchen & chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. They will change colour (patina) in use.