Yoshimi Kato Tsuchime | 165 Nakiri Knife (SG2)
Crafted from high performance SG2 (stainless) steel by renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, these knives have a lovely high performance grind. Thin behind the edge with a little weight at the spine, they feel good in hand, have a high level of finish and cut very well.
- Yoshimi Kato (Kintaro) Japanese Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- SG2/R2 Stainless Steel / Stainless Clad
- Polished Tsuchime Finish
- Echizen, Japan
- Rosewood & Pakka Wood Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 162mm Blade Edge Length / 305mm Overall Length / 2.9mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Blade Height / 162g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.