From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his kurouchi series represent outstanding value for such a very high performing knife. With an Aogami Super (high carbon) core and stainless clad, they are easy to maintain whilst achieving the highest levels of sharpness.
These are not quite as thin as other Kato's, still very thin behind the edge but a little more weight than most Echizen knives.
- Yoshimi Kato Japanese Knife
- 240mm Gyuto Knife
- Aogami Super (High Carbon) Core
- Stainless Clad
- Kurouchi Finish
- Echizen, Japan
- Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Japanese Timber Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 243mm Blade Edge Length / 397mm Overall Length / 3.1mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 186g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are very thin, although very high performing they require some care to prevent chipping.
* This knife has a small part of exposed high carbon steel (the edge), this will patina (change colour) in use and requires some car to prevent rust.