Yoshimi Kato Kurouchi | 210 Gyuto Knife (Aogami / Stainless)
From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his kurouchi series represent outstanding value for such a very high performing knife. With an Aogami Super (high carbon) core and stainless clad, they are easy to maintain whilst achieving the highest levels of sharpness.
These are not quite as thin as other Kato's, still very thin behind the edge but a little more weight than most Echizen knives.
- Yoshimi Kato Japanese Knife
- 210mm Gyuto Knife
- Aogami Super (High Carbon) Core
- Stainless Clad
- Kurouchi Finish
- Echizen, Japan
- Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Japanese Timber Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 215mm Blade Edge Length / 357mm Overall Length / 3.1mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 157g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are very thin, although very high performing they require some care to prevent chipping.
* This knife has a small part of exposed high carbon steel (the edge), this will patina (change colour) in use and requires some care to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Gyuto (Chef Knife)
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur