From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his kurouchi series represent outstanding value for such a very high performing knife. With an Aogami Super (high carbon) core and stainless clad, they are easy to maintain whilst achieving the highest levels of sharpness.
These are not quite as thin as other Kato's, still very thin behind the edge but a little more weight than most Echizen knives.
- Yoshimi Kato Japanese Knife
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Aogami Super (High Carbon) Core
- Stainless Clad
- Kurouchi Finish
- Echizen, Japan
- Sakura (Cherry Blossom) Japanese Timber Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 145mm Blade Edge Length / 272mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 29mm Blade Height / 75g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are very thin, although very high performing they require some care to prevent chipping.
* This knife has a small part of exposed high carbon steel (the edge), this will patina (change colour) in use and requires some car to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.