Yoshimi Kato Damascus | 180 Nakiri Knife (VG10) - Yo
From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his striking damascus knives are thin and light, extremely high performing and about as attractive as damascus steel can get.
This Nakiri knife is very cool, quite a bit longer than most other Nakiri.
- Yoshimi Kato (Kintaro) Damascus Steel Knife
- 180mm Nakiri Knife
- VG10 Nickel Damascus (Stainless)
- Echizen, Japan
- Pakka Yo (Western) Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 178mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 1.35mm Blade Thickness / 54mm Blade Height / 170g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are very thin, although very high performing they require some care to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.