From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his striking damascus knives are thin and light, extremely high performing and about as attractive as damascus steel can get.
- Yoshimi Kato Damascus Steel Knife
- 170mm Bunka Knife
- VG10 Nickel Damascus (Stainless)
- Echizen, Japan
- Rosewood WA (Japanese) Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 171mm Blade Edge Length / 311mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 125g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are quite thin, although very high performing they require a small amount of care to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.