Yoshimi Kato Damascus | 165 Nakiri Knife (VG10) - Wa
From renowned blacksmith Yoshimi Kato, his striking damascus knives are thin and light, extremely high performing and about as attractive as damascus steel can get.
- Yoshimi Kato Damascus Steel Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- VG10 Nickel Damascus (Stainless)
- Echizen, Japan
- Rosewood WA (Japanese) Handle
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 156mm Blade Edge Length / 305mm Overall Length / 1.7mm Blade Thickness / 53mm Blade Height / 144g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Kato & Kurosaki knives are quite thin, although very high performing they require a small amount of care to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.