We are proud to be partnering with Yoshida Hamono, bringing their knives to Australia for the first time.
Their high carbon range is extremely good value. Hand forged blue steel with a decent grind and excellent heat treatment, hard to come close anywhere near this price point.
- Yoshida Hamono Japanese Knife
- Saga Prefecture, Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Blue (Aogami) #2, Iron Clad
- Kurouchi Finish
- Kebonized Maple Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- HRC: 61-63
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 146mm Blade Edge Length / 272mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 35mm Blade Height / 82g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour over time and require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.