Tsubaya Ginsan Tsuchime Kurouchi | 180mm Santoku Knife
Crafted in Osaka Japan by renowned blacksmith Shiraki San, is this impressive santoku knife. The Ginsan steel blade is one of our favourites, able to obtain a very sharp edge, whilst remaining stainless (and therefore easier to maintain). This knife is slightly larger than most Santoku, very high level of fit, finish and feel.
- Tsubaya Ginsan Tsuchime Kurouchi Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Shiraki Blacksmith - Osaka, Japan
- Silver #3 (Ginsan) - Soft Stainless Clad
- Yew Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 318mm Total Length | 172mm Edge Length | 3.5mm Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.