Crafted in Sakai, Japan, Takada no Hamono produces outstanding knives with superb performance, fit and finish. Mitsuaki Takada was responsible for many of Ashi Hamono's fine knives, he now continues this under his own brand, which we are proud to offer.
- Takada no Hamono Suiboku Japanese Knife
- Suiboku Series / Finish
- 180mm Santoku Knife - EXTRA THIN
- Shiraki (Nakagawa) Blacksmith, Sakai
- Mitsuaki Takada Sharpener & Finisher
- Ginsan (Silver 3) - Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Rosewood Handle & Pakka Ferrule
- Saya Not Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 162mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 1.9 mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Height / 138g
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.