Takada no Hamono Reika | 180mm Nakiri Knife (Shirogami)
Crafted in Sakai, Japan, Takada no Hamono produces outstanding knives with superb performance, fit and finish. Mitsuaki Takada was responsible for many of Ashi Hamono's fine knives, he now continues this under his own brand, which we are proud to offer.
This particular knife is forged by Shiraki Blacksmith and completed by Takada San, amazing value for a knife of this level.
- Takada no Hamono Reika Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 180mm Nakiri Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith, Sakai
- Mitsuaki Takada Sharpener & Finisher
- Shirogami (White) # 2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Rosewood Handle & Pakka Ferrule
- Saya Not Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 166mm Blade Edge Length / 317mm Overall Length / 2.1mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Height / 161g
* High carbon knives will change colour (patina) in use, they require a small amount of care to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.