Takada no Hamono | 90mm Paring Knife (Shirogami)
Crafted in Sakai, Japan, Takada no Hamono produces outstanding knives with superb performance, fit and finish. Mitsuaki Takada was responsible for many of Ashi Hamono's fine knives, he now continues this under his own brand, which we are proud to offer.
This particular knife is forged by Shiraki Blacksmith and completed by Takada San, amazing value for a knife of this level. It is quite rare to see a high performance carbon paring knife, we really dig it.
- Takada no Hamono Japanese Knife
- 90mm Paring Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith, Sakai
- Mitsuaki Takada Sharpener & Finisher
- Shirogami (White) # 2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle & Buffalo Ferrule
- Saya Not Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 84mm Blade Edge Length / 214mm Overall Length / 2mm Blade Thickness / 25mm Height / 46g
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina), they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.