Crafted in Sakai, Japan, Takada no Hamono produces outstanding knives with superb performance, fit and finish. Mitsuaki Takada was responsible for many of Ashi Hamono's fine knives, he now continues this under his own brand, which we are proud to offer.
This particular knife is forged by Shiraki Blacksmith and completed by Takada San, amazing value for a knife of this level. It has a very unique shape, it's been named many shapes including a mukimono, we think it's a larger bunka, awesome for the professional chef or serious home cook.
- Takada no Hamono Japanese Knife
- 180mm Mukimono Bunka Knife
- Extra Thin / Dual Bevel
- Shiraki Blacksmith, Sakai
- Mitsuaki Takada Sharpener & Finisher
- Shirogami (White) # 2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle & Buffalo Ferrule
- Saya Not Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 166mm Blade Edge Length / 324mm Overall Length / 2.1mm Blade Thickness / 47mm Height / 121g
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina), they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.