Crafted in Sakai, Japan, Takada no Hamono produces outstanding knives with superb performance, fit and finish. Mitsuaki Takada was responsible for many of Ashi Hamono's fine knives, he now continues this under his own brand, which we are proud to offer.
This particular knife is forged by Tanaka Blacksmith and completed by Takada San, amazing value for a knife of this level.
- Takada no Hamono Japanese Knife
- 135mm Santoku Knife
- Tanaka Blacksmith, Sakai
- Mitsuaki Takada Sharpener & Finisher
- Shirogami (White) # 2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Handle & Buffalo Ferrule
- Saya Not Included
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 128mm Blade Edge Length / 266mm Overall Length / 2.6mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Height / 96g
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina), they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.