Sourced from a closed supplier in Seki city, this large new old stock Gyuto has been waiting 30 years for use.
There is evidence of vintage quenching techniques on the blade, made from SK high carbon steel. This steel is somewhat similar to Kigami Yellow, simple to sharpen and retains its sharp edge longer. It is also easier to maintain than the pure carbon steels such as White or Blue steel.
An absolute bargain for a 300mm Gyuto, only 3 in stock.
- Tadafune Vintage Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 300mm Gyuto Knife
- Full Tang Construction
- SK High Carbon Steel Blade
- Rosewood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- New Old Stock - Vintage (Some Signs of Age)
- 304mm Blade Edge Length / 422mm Overall Length / 2.3mm Blade Thickness / 55mm Blade Height
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur
** This particular kitchen knife is vintage, new old stock. Although never used small inconsistencies may be present.