Crafted in Echizen Japan by master blacksmith Shiro Kamo, the AS Kurouchi series represent outstanding value for such a high performance hand forged knife.
Easier maintenance and high performance Aogami Super (AS) high carbon steel, clad with stainless steel.
- Master Shiro Kamo
- AS Kurouchi Series
- 165mm Nakiri Knife - Extra Height Variant
- Aogami (Blue) Super Carbon Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Octagonal Rosewood Handle w/ Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 160mm Blade Edge Length / 311mm Overall Length / 2.1mm Blade Thickness / 62mm Blade Height / 177g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* The carbon steel edge on this knife does require some care to prevent rust. It will change colour (patina) in use.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.