Seki Kanetsugu Zuiun | 180mm Bunka Knife
Crafted with high performance SG2 powdered stainless steel, this is the top line from Seki Kanetsugu. Presented in a beautiful wood kiri box, the SG2 core is clad with 63 layer damascus steel and mirror finished. Complete with their comfortable (and unique) heptagon handle this is a great little package.
- Seki Kanetsugu Zuiun Knife
- Crafted in Seki-Gifu Japan
- 180mm Bunka Knife
- SG-2 Powdered Stainless Steel
- 63 Layer Damascus Steel Clad
- Sub-Zero Heat Treatment
- Mirror Finish
- Heptagon Japanese Handle
- Laminated Pakka Wood
- Crafted in Japan
- 175mm Blade Edge Length / 330mm Overall Length / 2.2mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 146g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.