Seki Kanetsugu Tsuchime | Knife Set (Gyuto, Petty & Bread Knife)
Crafted with VG-2 stainless steel, the heptagon series from Seki Kanetsugu is a smart looking knife that performs well for it's modest price. We particularly like the comfortable (and unique) heptagon Japanese handle along with the tsuchime (hammer-tone) finish.
- Seki Kanetsugu Knife Set:
150mm Petty Knife
210mm Gyuto Knife
- 210mm Serrated Bread Knife
- Crafted in Seki-Gifu Japan
- Each Knife is:
- VG-2 Stainless Steel, Soft Stainless Clad
- Sub-Zero Heat Treated
- Tsuchime (Hammer Tone) Finish
- Heptagon Japanese Handle
- Laminated Pakka Wood
- Crafted in Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife: 150mm Blade Edge Length / 278mm Overall Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness / 30mm Blade Height / 81g
- 210mm Gyuto Knife: 203mm Blade Edge Length / 351mm Overall Length / 2.0mm Blade Thickness / 43mm Blade Height / 142g
- 210mm Serrated Bread Knife: 210mm Blade Edge Length / 357mm Overall Length / 2.1mm Blade Thickness / 30mm Blade Height / 122g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Gyuto (Chef Knife)
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur