One of our favourite kitchen knife ranges, these deluxe VG-10 knives look and perform elegantly. With a 3-layer laminated stainless steel body, a VG-10 core and quality rosewood handles they represent the perfect upgrade to your kitchen knife toolkit. Many of our team have chosen these knives for their own personal use.
- Sakai Suntenresu Deluxe Kitchen Knife
- 170mm WA Santoku Knife
- Inlaid V-GOLD 10 (VG-10) Steel
- 3-Layer Laminated Stainless Steel Body (SUS-0410)
- Hot Drop Forged w/ Welded Ferrule
- Japanese WA Rosewood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 303mm Overall Length / 165mm Blade Edge Length / 2.5mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.