Instagram Special - Limited Time
One of our favourite kitchen knife ranges, these deluxe VG-10 knives look and perform elegantly. With a 3-layer laminated stainless steel body, a VG-10 core and quality western style mahogany handles they represent the perfect upgrade to your kitchen knife toolkit. Many of our team have chosen these knives for their own personal use.
- Sakai Suntenresu Deluxe Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Inlaid V-GOLD 10 (VG-10) Steel
- 3-Layer Laminated Stainless Steel Body (SUS-0410)
- Hot Drop Forged w/ Welded Ferrule
- Western Style Mahogany Wood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 293mm Overall Length / 165mm Blade Edge Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.