Instagram Special - April Only - 30% Off
These stunning Damascus steel kitchen knives look and feel impressive. Crafted in Sakai, Japan with premium materials, they are a sharp, well balanced knife with a high level fit and finish.
- Sakai Suntenresu Damascus Steel Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- VG-10 Stainless Steel Hagane (core)
- 16-Layer Stainless Damascus (SUS-0410) Jigane (cladding)
- Cold Forged w/ Riveted Ferrule (Half Tang)
- Western Style Laminated Wood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 293mm Overall Length / 160mm Blade Edge Length / 1.9mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.