Okeya Traditional Japanese Knife | 105mm Yokote w/ Saya (White Steel)
The yokote knife is a multi-purpose knife that is used as both a kitchen knife and a carving or veneer knife in the woodworking arena. Traditionally used for timber, many modern chefs also love using these as a kitchen utility knife. Complete with matching saya (knife sheath), they are awesome little knives that you'll find hundreds of uses for, we are a fan.
- Okeya Traditional Japanese Knife
- 105mm Yokote Knife w/ Saya (Knife Sheath)
- White Paper Steel No.2
- Finish: Hammer Tone or Kuro (Black)
- Raw Timber Handle & Sheath
- Crafted in Japan
- 217mm Overall Length / 105mm Blade Length / 3.0mm Blade Thickness / 95mm Handle Length
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel woodworking and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur