New from Okeya Japan are these great value Tsuchime kitchen knives. Crafted with a high carbon Hagane (core) and soft-stainless Jigane (cladding), they an excellent mid-level performer. Comfortable, sharp and easy to maintain, with a very cool look.
- Okeya Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Hagane (Core): Aogami 2 (Blue Steel) - High Carbon Steel
- Jigane (Cladding): Soft Stainless Steel
- Tsuchime - Hammer Tone Finish
- Walnut Timber WA Japanese Handle
- Plywood Ferrule
- Hand-Made in Japan
- 292mm Overall Length / 151mm Blade Edge Length / 2mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.