Hand crafted in Tosa Japan, these blue steel bunka knives represent outstanding value. A high performance forged steel which cuts well, the grind and finish is a little lower than others however. A great work-horse, sharpening trainer, or starter knife into high carbon.
- Ohishi Tosa Japanese Knife
- 165mm Bunka Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #1 Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Kuro (Black) Finish
- Maple D Handle Handle - Right Hand
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 305mm Overall Length / 169mm Blade Edge Length / 2.2mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 134g
* Carbon steel kitchen knives require some care to prevent surface rust. They will change colour (patina) in use.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.