Designed as an advanced alternative to the daily use of a sharpening steel, the Nano-Strop consists of a very long whetstone mounted to an aluminum frame. Can be used hand-held like a conventional steel, or as a stable sink bridge.
Cylindrical sharpening steels exhibit a very high point load which tends to deform a knife edge over time. The Nano-Strop's long flat surface distributes energy more evenly, along with aiding a more stable and constant angle to be maintained by the sharpener.
- Nano Hone Advanced Abrasives
- Nano-Strop Maintenance Stone
- Daily Edge Maintenance
- Advanced Alternative to a Sharpening Steel
- 10 Micron (2,000 Grit)
- Splash and Go: No Soaking Required
- Hand-Held or in Sink-Bridge Configuration
- Whetstone Dimensions: 352 x 25 x 6.35mm
- Designed in the USA / Crafted in Japan
Nano Hone Advanced Abrasives
Nano Hone creates some of the most innovative and advanced sharpening equipment on our "flat earth".
Designed and engineered by Hap Stanley (of Shapton USA lineage) their ingenious sharpening system is a joy in use. With Japanese crafted whetstones, precision diamond lapping plates, strops, ponds and sharpening stages on offer. Compatible with all Japanese whetstones with the addition of their universal backing plate.