These vintage high carbon steel Japanese knives are amazing value, available in very limited stock.
- Mumei NOS Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 150mm Deba Knife
- Kigami High Carbon Steel, Soft Iron Clad
- Timber Japanese Style Handle w/ Plastic Ferrule
- Right-Hand Single Bevel
- Crafted in Japan
- Vintage New Old Stock (NOS) - Some Signs of Age
- 286mm Overall Length / 154mm Blade Edge Length / 5mm Blade Thickness.
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.