Crafted in Fukui, Japan this Mumei shirogami Shakekiri knife is a great value deba alternative. Although they are rustic-mid level finish, they possess good quality steel and are nicely proportioned. Great for the chef that finds a Deba knife a little too cumbersome.
- Mumei Japanese Chef Knife
- 180mm Shakekiri Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2 High Carbon Steel, Soft Iron Clad
- Raw Poplar Timber Handle w/ Plastic Ferrule
- Right-Hand Single Bevel
- Crafted in Japan
- 328mm Overall Length / 182mm Blade Edge Length / 5.6mm Blade Thickness / 56mm Blade Height / 232g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are predominently hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives will change colour (patina) over time, they require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.