Mumei High Carbon | 135mm Santoku Knife
This great little entry level santoku knife is an all-round performer for those wanting to audition a high carbon Japanese chef knife. With carbon core and stainless cladding it requires less maintenance but still performs well for this price point.
- Mumei Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 135mm Santoku Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Rosewood Western Style Handle
- Crafted in Echizen-Fukui, Japan
- 250mm Overall Length / 138mm Blade Edge Length / 1.3mm Blade Thickness
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.