Treasured by Japanese fishermen, the Makiri knife is a multi-purpose outdoor knife (generally used for filleting fish), but equally suited to the modern kitchen. With a high carbon steel single bevel grind and integral saya, it's something different and very impressive in hand.
This model finish isn't as good as the more expensive model but the performance is excellent.
- Mumei Japanese Chef Knife
- 135mm Makiri Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Kurouchi (black) Finish
- Right Handed - Single Bevel
- Ho Wood Handle and Saya
- Hand Crafted in Japan
- 135mm Blade Edge Length / 246mm Overall Length / 2.5mm Blade Thickness / 27mm Blade Height / 101g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.