Hand crafted in Sakai, Japan, this rare left hand usuba knife is forged from shirogami #2 (white) steel. We had these traditional Japanese kitchen knives specially made to cater for our left hand clientele, the perfect mid-range performer.
- Morihei Yoshitomo Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 180mm Usuba Knife - Left Handed
- Yasuki White #2 (Shirogami)
- Soft Iron Clad
- Left Handed Single Bevel
- Ho Wood & Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 318mm Overall Length / 170mm Blade Edge Length / 3.3mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Blade Height / 170g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Usuba (Vegetable Knife)
Usuba knives have a flat profile which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. Chefs that cook with vegetables often really appreciate this style, quite specialised but it excels in this cooking arena.