Morihei Yoshitomo | 165mm Deba Knife (Left Hand)
Hand crafted in Sakai, Japan, this rare left hand deba knife is forged from shirogami #2 (white) steel. We had these traditional Japanese kitchen knives specially made to cater for our left hand clientele, the perfect mid-range performer.
- Morihei Yoshitomo Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Deba Knife - Left Handed
- Yasuki White #2 (Shirogami)
- Soft Iron Clad
- Left Handed Single Bevel
- Ho Wood & Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 312mm Overall Length / 168mm Blade Edge Length / 7.7mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 290g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.