Morihei Vintage Kaisaki (Shirogami White) | 120mm Shellfish Paring Knife
This vintage new old stock Kaisaki knife is something special. Crafted from shirogami white steel, these traditional Japanese knives are generally used for shellfish or as a shellfish paring knife. 1 only, the knife pictured is the only available.
- Morihei Vintage Japanese Kitchen Knife
- Shellfish Paring Knife
- 120mm Kaisaki Knife
- Shirogami White Steel Soft Iron Clad
- Right Handed - Single Bevel
- Vintage New Old Stock - Shows Some Signs of Age
- Made in Japan
- 112mm Blade Edge Length / 224mm Overall Length / 3.6mm Blade Thickness / 25mm Blade Height / 64g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.