Crafted by Morihei Japan, these shirogami Deba are a beautifully made, high performance knife. A great mid range workhorse before stepping up to knives over the $1000 mark.
- Morihei Munetsugu Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 150mm Deba Knife
- Shirogami #2, Soft Iron Clad
- Ho Wood Japanese Handle w/ Buffalo Ferrule
- Right Hand Bevel
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 290mm Total Length / 156mm Edge Length / 7.1mm Thickness / 49mm Height / 239g
* As our Japanese knives are hand-made (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Deba & Funayuki (Fish Knife)
Most Deba and Funayuki knives have a single bevel grind, with a thicker, heavier and shorter overall build. Although they are generally a specialist fish knife, some modern chefs do use these knives for other tasks such as breaking down meat and poultry. When used with the right ingredients, it can be an awakening experience.