Morihei Japanese Whetstone | Hishiboshi Professional - 1000 Grit + Suehiro GT-6
2 of our favourite products, together at last. The great value GT-6 whetstone rack and tray, with the high performing Hishiboshi Professional 1000 grit whetstone.
- Morihei Hishiboshi Professional Whetstone
- Grit: 1000 (Mid)
- Whetstone Size: 210 x 75 x 25mm
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Hardness Level: Medium>Hard
- "Splash and Go" - Soaking Not Required
- Made in Tokyo, Japan
- Suehiro GT-6 Whetstone Holder & Tray Set
- High-Impact Polystyrene Tray
- Elastomer Resin & Stainless Steel Adjustable Rack
- Split Whetstone Base
- Made in Japan
Japanese Sharpening Stones (Whetstones)
The consensus for sharpening Japanese kitchen knives, as well as Japanese woodworking tools, is the use of a whetstone. Dry grinding can affect temper (effectively ruining your knife or tool) and diamond plates are often too aggressive (removing too much material).
All Japanese whetstones will require flattening after use, no matter what type of stone, or the style of your sharpening, all whetstones will begin to dish over time. We recommend a ceramic flattening stone, or diamond plate for this task. For more info, check out Selecting a Japanese Whetstone.