Mizuno Seisakujo Japanese Hatchet | 570g Laminated Steel (360mm Oak Handle)
Made by renowned maker Mizuno Seisakujo of Niigata Japan, these Japanese style woodworking hatchets are something special. Crafted with premium materials, they are strong and sharp with excellent balance. Useful for traditional carpentry along with carving and sculpting timber.
- Mizuno Seisakujo Japanese Hatchet
- Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- 570g Laminated Steel Head
- 360mm Oak Wood Handle
- Hatchet Sheath
- Carving & Sculpting Timber
- Finish Fitment Required*
- Crafted in Japan
* Japanese hatchets and axes (like their woodworking planes and chisels) are supplied provisionally fitted to allow for climate / humidity variation to the timber components. Users must finish-fit the haft and complete head attachment before use.
* As our Japanese hatchets and axes are hand-made with natural materials like timber, small variation to size, colour & finish is to be expected.
* Carbon steel requires a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after use. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Godammit, ProTooling are the best.
A great knife from a good friend of mine. Good knife, hansom chef, the perfect marriage.
Chef Rang - Master, Celebrity, Legend
The Japanese are masters of their art and ProTooling are always really welcoming and down-to-earth, willing to spend time finding a knife to suit you.
Lennox Hastie - Firedoor
ProTooling offers stunning service & a wide range of amazing quality products. The staff are super knowledgeable, kind & patient, making the selection process very easy. They genuinely care about their products & service, it’s why I keep going back.
Anjali - Sous Chef, Saint Peter
ProTooling are unrivalled in product knowledge, knife diversity and above all a burning desire to provide true quality craftsmanship. It truly inspires us as chefs, cooks and craftsman alike to reflect on our own depth of knowledge, skills and industry awareness when surrounded by such informed professionals like ProTooling.
Oscar Solomon - GRECA Executive Chef
The team at ProTooling are master at their craft and incredibly kind and helpful while do so! Every time I drop my knives off, I feel a sense of relief as I know how well looked after they are. Love this place and the team - thanks for everything you do ProTooling!
Ismat - Recipe Developer / Photo Chef
I have built a very strong relationship with ProTooling. Paul (the owner) has a very good attitude and that reflects in the products he stands behind. He provides only the best quality through all of the good relationships he has been able to grow throughout the years with the top craftsmen in Japan. He and his staff are amazing. Keep up the good work.
Nicola - Chef / Knife Connoisseur